How often would you wash it? (workout outfit)

My dh bought me a work out out fit the kind of material that you can sweat in but somehow it absorbs all that sweat gross I know but it actually soaks up all you prespired. I only got one for starters how often would you wash it after you've worn it?

I mean it is only my sweat and it dries pretty quickly..yuk I know but you can't really tell once it is dried. What do ya'll think?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Every time you wear it?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• EWWWW! You better wash it each time you work out in it, why wouldn't you? There is no way i would rewear something I worked out in the day before, that is gross, sorry.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would probably do the same thing you did back in PE in HS. Wash it every 5 days or so.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 9:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OP ~ I know it seems unnecessary to wash it once the perspiration has dried, but if you continue to wear an article of clothing with dried body sweat you could develop a fungus in areas of your body that would be similar to athlete's foot.
    "The fluid, consisting of water with small amounts of urea and salts, that is excreted through the pores of the skin by the sweat glands; sweat." This is urea defined: "A water-soluble compound, that is the major nitrogenous end product of protein metabolism and is the chief nitrogenous component of the urine in mammals and other organisms."
    Since these excretions and compounds are bacteria-conducing elements, it would be best to wash your clothes after each time you sweat in them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'd wash it each time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• wash it once you can smell it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Body fluid (sweet) contains bacteria, and should be washed after every wear... The sweat itself is warm and moist and is a breeding ground for bacteria rather..
    natalias925

Answer by natalias925 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010