Is your dh willing to work out with you?

Our family had a very nice past weekend we visited family and ate and ate and ate you know how that goes. Anyway today my dh stepped out to take care of some errands before leaving he says today we are getting on the treadmill and I said yeah ok...but I didn't and when he came home he did not either. I know I should have got on it before he got home but I was feeling lazy and I am sure he was too in his own way running here and there. Where to begin someone has to make the first move on good healthy eating and exercising...Thank you ladies :)

No motivation whatsoever :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• We are supposed to start together tommorow. I'd rather start now and look a little better this summer then to be the nonenergetic person I am now. Good Luck :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We go to the gym together 5 days a week :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We both just know we feel better about ourselves and better emotionally/physically/mentally/overall when we include some sort of shared exercise in our lives. One thing at a time and maybe make it less of a chore and more of a fun thing. OR buckle down and commit to making it a personal habit in your own life. Your hubby will follow suit. Perhaps we won't be as committed as you but you will be an inspiration. When I made my commitment to running, I had to start out walking. Every day it was a challenge to tell myself what a positive thing I was doing and how well I was doing it. Positive self talk made it easier. Within a month I already saw changes, was able to increase my jogging durations, was inspiring my friends and even quit smoking cigarettes. This was 5 years ago and I still am so grateful! Forming the habit was like building the base snowball for a snowman. Everyone loves snowmen, don't they? :)
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 10:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My husband would work out with me but I will not work out with him. He is very competitive & I am not so it makes it frustrating. He watches every move I make (not because it turns him on) so he can comment if I do ANYTHING wrong or different from him. Funny thing is, other than weights, I worked out YEARS before we even got together & he never worked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• We go to the gym together but unless I go to the weights I don't get to see him until he comes for a kiss before hitting the shower.
    I hate it because he will not do cardio, only lifting. He says he gets enough cardio at work.
    My hubby is 6' 7 and 245 pounds. He is very fit and not overly muscled. He looks great, but I worry that he isn't working out his heart enough.
    I see those couples at the gym enjoying working out together and SO wish he would come on my side because there's only so much I can do on his side.
    He likes when I come over there and he helps me, but it should go both ways.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Nope, my hubby doesn't at all. He doesn't eat healthy either. I had to decide that I needed to take care of myself no matter what HE was doing, so that's just what I did. I work out 5-6 times per week. Sometimes, he even says negative things about it, like how exercise is "more important" to me than other stuff, or that I'm "obsessed" with it, you know, just generally being unsupportive. I've learned to blow it off--who cares? In 20 years, when his body is run down and aged because he hasn't been taking care of it, I will know that I did the right thing by giving my body the food and exercise it needs to stay healthy. I wish my husband would care for himself more, but I can't let the fact that he doesn't stop me from doing what I know is best. Decide what you're going to do, and do it no matter what your DH does!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My husband and I work out together every day.

He wakes up and goes to the gym at 6 am to lift with his guys. And, then we go to the gym and do cardio at night when I get off work.

He hates to eat healthy. I enjoy it. But, I also enjoy my grease too. So, it's a nice mixture over here. And, with all the working out, we don't have to worry about being unhealthy because we swung through the drive thru today.

He enjoys working out. Maybe that's the Marine in him, I don't know. I hate it. And, getting up before 8 am isn't my favorite thing. So, I let him do it. But, I do enjoy running. So, we go at night together.

We actually play raquetball together. He is competetive. I am competetive. So, it's always a pretty intense workout. But, even if you aren't competetive...it's still a really good workout. And, you don't notice, because you are having fun and playing a game.

MissG9

Answer by MissG9 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OH so your hubby is one of those that says "lets do this..." which really means for YOU to do it and he means for you to motivate him? LOL MINE IS LIKE THAT TOO! Seriously he is....but
    I have always had to light a fire under my hubby if this is what your post is talking about. So where do you begin? I think your husband did begin just by mentioning the treadmill. I would give him a duster and say "Lets go get busy cleaning the treadmill so we can start." Do a warm up together and see how that goes...GL!

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• we built a home gym in the basement - so when he's home early enough we go workout together.

we've got a small tv so can watch tv and workout at the same time. I like it - he helps me with form and keeping going (I get bored and stop early )
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Mine has a knee/back injury and the only activity I can get him to do with me is have sex, LOL. We're finally gearing up for him to have surgery and working on a family membership to our local YMCA- so I'm hoping once he recovers he'll spend some time working up a sweat with me.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 1:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009