comments from outsiders

have any of you gotten out of line comments from random people, like the cashier at target? i had one tonight tell me i shouldn't be buying a soda because it was bad for the baby. so rude! anyone else have a similar story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i just had co-workers get onto me saying i was workin too hard when i was at a retail job. i scooted boxes of jeans onto a dolly then pushed it out to sales floor, pushed em onto the floor then unloaded. they were always getting onto me, but it never strained me. i was so used to physical labor, but i never heard the end of it lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My favorite was a young 20 something guy told me I shouldn't listen to my IPod so loud because the noise bothers the baby. When I told him the baby can't hear it he said the vibrations are too loud then.
    I also loved the older woman who stopped me in the middle of a city block to warn about me about all the pregnant women and babies who have died from swine flu.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 9:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I remember Texas Children's did a radio telethon for donations for children with cancer. One mom said, her child, swollen from steriods, asked for a candy bar. She said yes, and was told that is not good for children overwieght. She said lady my child has cancer and can eat anything she wants. Moral, The cashier should mind her business. I do not drink soda, but every month to 6 weeks I crave a doctor pepper. I buy it, very rarely drink the whole thing, but I get my fix! A soda here and there isn't harmful. The majority of your diet is healthy I would assume, and a treat here and there is not harmful. The cashier was rude.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 9:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I just remember near the end of my pregnancy (that went late) everyone showing up to work and saying:

"you still haven't had that baby yet."

Aaaaah, it was driving me crazy - thanks for reminding me how miserable I felt.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• People just tell me to quit getting pregnant. I am 26 years old and currently pregnant with my 4th.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2009