What old wives tale have you heard and proven to be false?

For instance, an old wives tale states not to tickle a baby on their feet or they will stutter when they are old enough to begin speaking.
Out of morbid curiosity, I tickled my children's feet when they were babies and not one of them stutters!

Is there one that you have proven to be false? Please share!

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 8:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was expecting my first child, I was told that if I hang my wedding ring over my belly/baby and it swings in a circle the baby is a girl and if it swings in a straight line back and forth it is a boy. So my husband and I did this.... the ring moved in a circle, but we had a boy!

OLD WIVES' TAIL FAIL!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 9:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My mom always told me that if I used a tampon when I was a kid that I would stop being a virgin. I had to test that out when I was 16,in school and didn't have a pad with me. A friend gave me one of her tampons....Well what do you know I was still a virgin. LOL

smile

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you are playing with a toddler and "throw him/her" into the air, the toddler's liver will flip.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I lived with a RN. She told me to never do cart wheels or I'll have troubles in child birth?? I was a SZ.0 & my first born DD was almost 9lbs.!! I was in Labor for a long, long time! Actually I was for both DD's!! So I doubt this had anything to do with it! But If I fell during a Cart wheel & got the air knocked out of me! Wow that Stung!! How about if you kill a spider its bad Luck?? We did that thing with a string but it was with a needle hanging off of it! Unsure if its for Real!?
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Determining sex of the baby...they're all wrong, its like tossing a coin...
    Anonymous

• Castor oil induces labor.
    All it did was make me throw up shit that tasted like crayons. The kid came when she was good and ready.
    MissG9

Answer by MissG9 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009