Need meal ideas for finnicky 13 month old!!

My daughter Brooklynn is 13 months and is quite finnicky (not to mention REALLY messy!!) with food. I typically try to give her foods she can eat by herself (finger foods) that don't require utensils as she doesn't have any concept of how to use them..but it's getting really difficult to find such foods.

I need to give her more meat (she is lacking in iron a bit) but stopped eating things like hot dogs and bologna..she just bites into things and throws it! I don't know what to do..i've given her bananas, clementine oranges, grapes, Jello, crackers, cheerios, fruit loops, oatmeal, cheese, mashed potatoes..she eats a bite (maybe) and either mushes the rest or throws it...please help! I'm afraid that her entire diet is consisting of Milk (whole) juice and water...

Mrs_Donelson

Asked by Mrs_Donelson at 8:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• plant-based iron- rich food might be the way to go.

hummus? If she's into messing the place up, that's a doozy

lima beans with lemon and butter

nut butters

spinach, kale, brussel sprouts

she won't starve herself. you're a good mom. I have a black lab who is perfect at helping with the 12-18 month old food throwing stage. Your floors will be spotless.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• hot dogs and bologna are horrible sources of meat. Try grilled chicken, cooked ham or turkey and even lean hamburger meat. Just cut it up to the size she can chew.
    Anonymous