Is it still considered stealing if the house is abandoned?

Our neighbors just up and moved out of their house one day. We figure they were going to lose it anyway so they bailed. They left a beautiful potted tree on their front porch and now no one is caring for it. I would love to go over and move it to our front porch, but I wonder if it would be considered stealing. Seriously...they are gone and they aren't coming back. There is no "For Sale" sign in the yard and I'm not sure what is happening with the property. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'd take it--- but I'd give it back if asked. Letting it die isn't going to do anyone any good.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Take the tree
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would take the tree and if they do come looking for it tell them you were just taking care of it for them
    Anonymous

• Take the tree
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree, but then I would probably give it back to the new owners as a "house warming present" if it didn't die in my care.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• if they really wanted it they should of taken it so no its not stealing the tree ! go get it and put it in your house !
    Anonymous