When would you...

Quit wearing your wedding ring in a divorce? My ex got angry when he saw the ring on my finger yet and told me to take it off. I guess I put more thought into the gesture than he but still...It keeps the creeps off me in the supermarket.. I can't decide when to take it off. I took it off to clean and there is a dark ring around my finger -only been on there 23 years so... please help me decide i'm stuck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• if it was me i would wear it until the divorce was totally finalized and your emotionally ready. its probably alot easier to take it off if your leaving him, i dont know your situaion but it seems your reluctant to take it off. who cares what your ex thinks? hes your ex for a reason.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i took mine off the day i left my first husband and i pawned it and used the money to pay for a restraining order.

Can you give yours to your child? Maybe turn it into something positive for a future marriage? Re set the diamond for someone else in the family?
    Anonymous

• I love her reply, pawn it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I was not married a fraction of what you were married...

BUT I took my wedding band off the day he left us...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you want to wear it wear it. It is your ring tell him to kiss your butt you are not any of his concern now.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It's your ring. Take it off if you want to take it off and when you are ready to take it off. Tell him to mind his own business. You don't answer to him anymore.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• before my ex and i divorced i pawned my ring so i could supply food and gas money.but in my line of work im a server at a travel plaza i wear a ring to keep creeps away. but yes i would. at some point the ring had a meaning. maybe you can change the style to hand down to the children if it applies. because thats what i would have done. we would have been married 16 yrs, and this year he past away with or without a ring there is an emotional bond.you choice what you feel is right in your heart.
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Since you are getting a divorce you need to do things on your own terms, he doesn't have the final say anymore.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers. Ya'll said what I feel-I'm gonna wear it till I feel like taking it off. He is going to be my ex in a few days and I guess after all this time being married it is hard to feel Not married...especially when he decided he wasn't married last year when we seperated. ahem...anyhow thanks all
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009