My 2 year old wont eat anything.

My 2 year old boy wont eat anything at all. This started about a month ago since we moved to our new place. My son use to eat everything and anything you put in his plate, but one day he just refuse to eat and i dont understand why. he will drink his milk and juice and im giving him 16 oz of milk(2 sippy cups) and 1 of juice.he will take sometimes yogurt and some goldfish but thats it, i will offer him any kind of food but nothing. i dont know what to do? im worry that he is not getting the nutrients he needs. please help me

dianaNbryanMami

Asked by dianaNbryanMami at 8:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call your childs doctor. They are the only ones what can really tell you whats going on.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i already took him overthere but he say just to try new food ive done that. but nothing i think im gonna take him again!
    dianaNbryanMami

Answer by dianaNbryanMami at 9:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my son is going through this too - its been for the last month yet nothing in his life has changed. His ped reassures me that if nothing traumatic has happened, they ALL go through spells where they don't eat - like they are teething or done with a growth spurt - however my son has never been anything but a bird eater, not extremely pickey or anything just doesn't care if he eats... so I am always running after him with food...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My mother always told me "if they don't eat it, they don't need it". If your son won't eat, don't try to force him because it'll just make him not want to eat that much more.

You might try cutting back on the ammount of milk you're giving him because the calcium can cause the body to become full. or hold off on the milk until you've tried to give him something to eat. I've noticed the days my daughter doesn't eat much, she wants a lot of milk to drink/ the days she drinks a lot of milk, she doesn't eat much.
    MomaDucky

Answer by MomaDucky at 12:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009