H1N1 and pregnancy

I've looked on the CDC website for the numbers of deaths of pregnant women sue to H1N1. I must be blind because I can't find it. Does anyone have a creditable source about H1N1 and pregnancy?

Oh and maybe even something on the H1N1 vaccine and the risks for pregnant women and their babies?

momie_of_munch2

Asked by momie_of_munch2 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know where you can find the numbers as far as death goes but my friend who is very pregnant was around my son the day before he was diagnosed with swine flu her doctor just put her on Tamiflu for a week. He said the vaccine that was available was an altered live virus and that it wasn't reccomended for pregnant women
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• From the package insert:

8.1 Pregnancy Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine or AFLURIA. It is also not known whether these vaccines can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.

Anonymous

• I was going to post from the package insert but somebody else already beat me to it!
    I'm 27 weeks pregnant and not getting the vaccine.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my sister is an RN and one of her patients who was 21 weeks pregnant contracted it and was in intensive care for a week when the fetus died, than two days later the woman died, and now there is a 19 year old pregnant woman in there too. i understand how people are scared about vaccinations or just don't trust them, and it is your choice to get it or not, but I would rather get the vaccination than the virus taking both mine and my child's life.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 9:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I'm not getting the vax either. (I'm the one that posted the package insert info).

Link to the package insert.

Anonymous

• I am pregnant, and got it.

My doc said the death rate for pregnant women is around 28%.

I weighed that risk with the worst risks of the shot...and chose the shot.....baby and I are doing just fine now.
    Anonymous

• Fact: At least 1 in 100,000 people would have gotten Guillain-Barré syndrome anyway. The excess cases attributed to the vaccine were estimated at 532 (some sources say half of that number), and most of them recovered fully. 25 deaths were attributed to the vaccine.

The CDC and the American Academy of Neurologists have asked neurologists to be vigilant in looking for cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome in people who have been vaccinated.

Fact: They clearly said “they do not expect the 2009 H1N1 vaccine to increase the risk for the autoimmune disease” but since this is a concern with any pandemic vaccine, they will be on the alert. This is a good thing. If the incidence starts rising, they will know it earlier and be able to react more quickly than they did in 1976.

The 2009 vaccine IS the exact same as the 1976 vaccine! difference the chances of less contaminates!

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=1296
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We did have a recent death of a 27 yo mom, whose baby is a 26 week gestation preterm infant currently in our Nicu. We also have a mom critically ill in the ICU-her baby is also in our unit fighting for his life. I think if I was currently pg, Id likely get the vaccination, but I'm also in a higher risk category as a health care worker.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• This is such a difficult choice to make! I'm only 9 weeks along and I am so torn on what to do. I hate this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2009