Why?

BRUSSELS — There are already more than 100,000 international troops in Afghanistan working with 200,000 Afghan security forces and police. It adds up to a 12-1 numerical advantage over Taliban rebels, but it hasn't led to anything close to victory.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who knows. Eight more soldiers died today as BO gathers final numbers on Afghanistan. What does he need to know. They are the enemy. Kill the enemy. Come home. Even I can figure that out and I haven't had a report on my desk for 3 months.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• so non-taliban afghanis are acceptable collateral damage, then?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Why does a serial killer get away for 20 years and there are police and citizens looking for them constantly? It's more complicated than you'd think!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well, according to the suicide bombers within their own country from their own countrymen, I guess they think so. We usually don't kill noncombatants. We actually take great care to not have "collateral damage". What country are you from and whose side are you on anyway?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Just a left winger, that's all......

Loo Loo.

smile mini

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Afghanistan is not a traditional war. You don't square off against your enemy and fight. These people hide among their own..and once they are covered from head to toe it is hard to tell who is who. The country is also very "tribal", each tribe with it's own chief and a warlord over the region. They are also very familial so there are family members in various tribes. My BIL says it is more like fighting the "Indian wars" (no disrepect meant here ladies) than any other. Things are very intertwined and that complicates things a lot.

I would rather the collateral damage be there than here.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It's because you can't win when you try to fight a "politically correct" war.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

When did that PC war happen? For the past 7 years? the past 9 months?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2009