My son is always sick and now we all are...im losing it. PIOG

I am sick and tired of sick. My son's been sick for weeks and weeks and weeks. My mom's watched him, my brother's watched him, they've both had to pick him up at daycare halfway through the day. Rusty and I have both stayed home with him. We're at the doctor's every week. We're losing money at work and paying for full weeks of daycare when we're only using 3 days (he's been home sick that much.)
Now, Rusty has the flu. I have severe pink eye in both eyes. Jonathan's developing another cough. I have a cold. I'm done, and exhausted, and irritated, and broke. and just fucking fed the hell up with all of it. This is fucking bullshit. If both parents have to work, it's to cover daycare costs. At this point, I would like them to just end my assignment so that I can return to being a stay at home mom, collecting unemployment and keeping my son healthy.
What do I do? I'm losing it.

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I hear ya! We have had runny noses and coughs off and on rotating through our family for 2 months now. To top it off, I am pregnant and can take virtually nothing and am the one up at night with sick kids. I too am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I called my doctor today and they said they should check them out because strep is going around but I know it is not strep...just a cold they will do nothing for. I am frustrated too and I do stay at home and really need a break! =) Hang in there... you are not alone! Spring will be here soon....right??
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Hello sweetpheonix529!

I can understand your frustration about sickness, as well as finances. If your're interested in how to improve your family's health, and wealth, drop me a message in my inbox. Find out how my products are saving and changing lives!

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Candice

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not in the business of bugging people about this, so I'll only contact you once about this phenominal opportunity!
    MakeMeOverN10

Answer by MakeMeOverN10 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• We are focusing on prevention. You can adjust your lifestyle a bit to build up your immune system. Not getting enough sleep can lower your resistance to disease. So can being dehydrated, so be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Alcohol, meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
    You catch a virus by coming in contact with it; this is why hand washing is so important. Did you know that viruses can live on paper money for 9 days?
    I had been resisting supplementing with probiotics until I read this:
    With all the hype about the upcoming flu epidemic, and the pros and cons of vaccination, how can we protect our children and ourselves?

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• According to the results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled study reported in the August issue of PEDIATRICS, probiotics may be useful to prevent cold and influenza-like symptoms in children. Of 326 healthy children three to five years old, 104 were randomly assigned to receive placebo, 110 received _Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM_ and 112 received a combination of _L acidophilus NCFM_ and _Bifidobacterium animalis subsp lactis Bi-07_. The children were treated twice daily for 6 months... Read the rest of the article here: http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/707328

Answer by rkoloms at 11:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms

• Take probiotics and garlic. If your son has been sick for weeks, then you need to take him the ER. They have to treat him. Make sure they know how long he has been sick for. Don't be afraid to let them know how rundown you are too. Maybe they can admit him at least for one night so you can get some rest. Cancel daycare & call in to work. You are know good to your child in your condition.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2009