Can anyone help me interpret this dog dream?

In this dream there were dozens of stray dogs all the same breed with long, blunt noses and gold or brown spots, and they were all around and inside my house. Most of them were vicious. None actually bit me in this dream, but many came close. There was one dog who seemed like the eye of the storm. He was huge and his head and shoulders were golden and the rest of him was white. He alone didn't seem bothered by me, and he listened to me when I asked him to lay down. He didn't protect me from the rest of them, and he left when some others seemed to call his name. That made me sad in the dream.
I have dreams about dogs either threatening me or attacking me ALL the time. At least several times a year, and probably more than I can remember. I don't remember ever having a dream about a nice dog. When they bite me it's usually on my hands. I have been dreaming of dogs since I was a young teenager.
Any idea what any of this means?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dogs=friendship and loyalty. Therefore, if the dogs are not nice, it might mean that people you assume to be your friends are really not. You may feel this deep down and are not willing to accept it for whatever reason and so it's manifesting as a warning in your dream. In the past, have you had friendships with people that have been negative- such as them taking advantage of you, rejecting you or even pretending to be your friend? I ask because this may have affected you to the point of being wary and not trusting of people who want to be-friend you in the present.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Maybe read this, I don't know how true it is but I thought it was interesting..

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10578.asp
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i have a question.. did you believe that it was a bad dream?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Not a full blown nightmare... but definately a bad dream, yes. I woke up afraid there were rabid dogs around my bed.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Maybe you can't believe how mean people are to you when you are so nice?
    Anonymous

• i believe dreams like this are from the devil. usually when and if i have similar dreams i seek refuge in God from them and do not tell anyone about them. i remember being awaken very afraid not a good feeling.. glad you are ok.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Just a dream...........did you watch anything or read anything with dogs? Are you generally afraid of dogs? Any rabid news stories around you? What did you eat before bed?
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• IhartU, I don't currently have any close friends. In the past I have been teased mercilessly by kids my own age (through middle school), but none of them were friends. I guess I do just assume people are assholes and don't like me before getting to know them. I am very reserved socially, and don't make friends easily. Maybe that's it?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Dog- Easy expressioon of such feelings as aggression- maybe becasue dogs show their teeth easily-sexuality, especially male sexuality, friendship: the parts of self we usually keep out of sight, but may express spontaneously: easy -flowing natural feelings: devotion. In mythology the dog has symbolized the guardian of the gates of death, or a messenger between the hidden and the visible world. The dog was also thought of a s a guide to or guardian of the hidden side of life.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• A few things to consider. Do you or have you owned a dog? Do you fear dogs in general? Growling or whimpering dogs in a dream can symbolize inner conflict, since they were nipping at your hands that would seem to indicate that your subconscious wants you to act on whatever is causing you conflict.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2009