Feeding my toddler.

So for some reason I have been having a lot of trouble coming up with lunches to feed my son. The old standby peanut butter and jelly sandwichs won't work because my son has a nut protein intolerance, and we just don't eat much lunch meat because I have too cook it first before I can eat it. So I need help, some good lunches for a toddler, you know quick nutritious and easy on the wallet. Thank you ladies for helping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Chicken! I've recently cut most lunch meat out of our diets and have replaced it with chicken. Chicken is cheaper, if you buy a whole chicken. Roast the chicken, or cut of the flesh and cook that. Cook the carcass down to make stock (google any recipes or pm me! Its so easy!) for soups. Use the flesh to make chicken salad sandwiches, grilled cheese and chicken, or just replace use the chicken as lunch meat and make a sandwich with lettuce and tomato.

Eggs are another cheap easy meal, I just wouldn't consume them more than a couple times a week. Egg salad sandwiches are very easy to make!

You may not find the chicken quick to make. Weekends are the ideal time for me to cook up my chicken for the week. I'm a single mom who works full time, so I suppose if I can find time to do it, anyone can lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• How about cheese and wheat crackers, yogurt. YoBaby has 3-in-1 meals with yogurt, a fruit, and a veggie all mixed together. They are great. As for the munch meat you could go to the deli and just get a couple of slices a week just for your little one. Grilled cheese sandwiches are always a winner with my 14 month old. I just cut it up into bite size pieces. Good luck!
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 9:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009