My 11 month old only drinks 4 1/2 oz of formula a feeding, is something wrong?

My 11 month old son drinks only 4 1/2 oz of formula (if that) a feeding and he may eat 3 oz of the stage 2 baby food a day. He only nibbles at table food. He will turn 1 on Nov. 18 and is 22 lbs. He doesn't have any medical problems. Could there be something wrong ?

kingboys3

Asked by kingboys3 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long has he been doing that if hes been doing it for awhile and hes gaining weight then I wouldnt worry if he just started that then I would check with the dr make sure hes not getting sick. My daughter is also 11 mths and she turns 1 on thursday she drinks about 4 ozs in the morning but she also eats 3 meals a day she eats table food no baby food any more and at nite she drinks 8 ozs she also weights around 22 lbs.
    Anonymous

• My son only ever took that much at a time when drinking too. As long as he's getting enough in a day I wouldn't worry about how much he takes at a time.

As far as foods.... I would think that he should be taking more and be on more table foods rather than baby foods. I don't think there is anything "wrong" with him, just something I would work more on. WIth table foods it's not just about nutrition but about learning new tastes and textures as well as new skills like feeding himself and using the pincer grasp. SO just offer things frequently over and over and he'll get the hang of it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009