What's your jewelry made of?

I don't have any "real" gold stuff. My wedding band and engagement ring are sterling silver and CZ, I don't see the point in paying so much money for such a thing (plus we don't have the money to spend anyway hehe).

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My wedding and engagement rings are platinum and the rest of my jewelry is gold or silver.
    Anonymous

• The whole diamond engagement ring was just a very well done advertisement they have no real meaning and was never a tradition other than showing how well off you are. It is really just a part of the commercialization of all parts of Americans lives. I like pretty jewelry I don't really care what price it is or what is is made of. My ring is white silver with CZ and opal. I think opal and fire topaz are gorgoeus so this is what most of my jewelry is
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Eh my wedding set is gold with a little diamond in a marquee setting. I am going to get a simple band in white gold or silver with rune engravings with hopefully a moonstone in the center. The marquee sits up too high and it snags everything plus it is just like everyone elses. I have no desire to have a huge diamond ring just something more symbolic. We want to renew our vows soon and hopefully will replace the gold and diamond with the more meaningful bands. No diamonds this time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I love sterling silver. I think it is absolutely beautiful. I don't have anything gold because it doesn't look good with my skin tone (really really pale) I think it looks nicer on darker tones. The only gold I have are things that I inherited from each of my grandmothers.

On a day to day basis I don't really wear any jewelry besides my wedding and engagement rings.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My wedding ring is white gold, I always loved my Moms so that's why my Hubby bought me this. It's not huge, actually it's kind of dainty.. Anyway then I wear a thumb ring which I have had since our first son was born, it's just a gold band. And then on my right hand I wear a journey ring, there are 5 diamonds (very tiny) that represent each of our boys, myself and my Hubby... He bought it for me for Mothers day. I'm not big into jewelry but what I have is special to me and not a status symbol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Almost all of my jewelry is sterling silver. I think I have one necklace that my grandpa gave me that is gold. I wear a plain, sterling silver wedding band, a tiny cross (1st anniversary present, I've only taken it off once in 8 yrs), and a toe ring. Very rarely do I wear anything else, only if I'm really trying to dress up.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wear white gold and sterling silver. My engagement ring is white gold but my necklaces and earlings are sterling silver
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Mine and Dh's rings are white gold. The diamonds are real, but we didn't have to buy them. I was always going to get my grandmothers diamond when I got engaged. The band of the engagement ring also has 12 stones from DH's mother. I also have a bracelet and heart pendant that are real gold. They are matching set. Hearts shaped out of gold and white gold with small diamonds. None of the jewelry is really expensive, just sentimental value.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• gold, platinum, diamonds, pearls, blue saphire, sterling silver, and good ole' American brass.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oh I forgot. I still have my promise ring DH gave me. I wear it on the left finger of my right hand. Its two small hearts entwined, each with a little diamond in the center (like very litte). I think the ring was like $70. But that didn't matter. All that mattered was the promise behind it :-)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009