How do you get a man to understand something so simple?

Ok so here we go! I recently got a divorce which took 3 yrs because he didnt want to pay child support, anyways not the point! He does have vistitation rights he gets them every wed. from 4-7 and e/o weekend! Well as you know tomorrow is wed. and he is suppose to come and get the girls! Well last night my oldest daughter started to tell me she didnt feel good...i didnt mind too much then cause i thought she was just trying to get out of going to bed...well this morning she complained of the same thing so i took her to the doc. i had a doc. apt anyways so why not...well at the office she had a temp of 102.8!! Great!! they gave me some kind of med for her to take and when we get home i give her the med and she gets sick! still running a fever now and still wont take the med like she is suppose to and has not ate or drank anything all day! AND HER CRAZY ASS FATHER STILL WANTS HER 2MORRO!!! HELP!!!! FYI MY OTHER GIRL IS FEVERISH 2

jami5

Asked by jami5 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Tell him to either come to your home and visit, and risk getting sick, or wait until another day and take them. Remind him it's not about keeping them from him, it's about making them comfy for a speedy recovery.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i have informed him that he could get them when they are better but her refuses and threatens to call the police on me for not letting him see the kids! Its always about his needs not others!
    jami5

Answer by jami5 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Let him call the police. Maybe they can talk some sense into him once you tell them that the children are sick.

I hope your girls feel better soon. Make sure you get as much rest as you can momma. All three of my boys were sick last week and I know just how tired you must be.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Emergency call to your lawyer now. Let him know what's going on and what your ex is threatening.

Yes, he has the right to have the girls, but not at the expense of their health.

Let him call the cops. Get a note from your doctor about the visit and his recommendation that they remain at home.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• As long as he can take care of them during their visit with him he has every right to take them sick or not sorry to say. Unless the doctor specifically said they cannot go with him then the cops will side with him most likely. I have seen this with my step dad and his kids and their mother many times (stepdad has full custody mom gets visitation). You are breaking the custody agreement plain and simple and unless there is some reason he can't take care of them while sick then it is truly his choice to expose himself or not.
    Anonymous

• If you were still married would he be around them while they were sick? Would he help care for them? He's their dad so, he does have a right to see them and to even care for them while they are sick. Is child support the only time he should provide care for his kids?
    Anonymous