Spanish Speakers - PLEASE help me!

How do you say Halloween in Spanish? I'm HSing my son but I have found soooooooooo many different translations. Is it:

día de los muertos
noche de las brujas
día de las brujas
día de halloween
día de los santos

or one not even listed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Holidays

• dia de los muertos is day of the dead which is similar to halloween but not the same. Its celebrated on nov 1st and 2nd and is more of a religious holiday.... so check that off your list.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't think Halloween is celebated in Latin America, but I think I've heard it called dia de las brujas before, day of the witches.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OK, just asked a Venezuelan friend of mine for you. She said: "we use the English word...Halloween o noche de brujas (the night of witches)".
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• dia de los muertes is how I say it and I was taught by Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.
    ellos son algunas personas locas. LOL
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Dias de los muertos and it has nothing to do with the americanized version of Halloween. I am WICCAN and i celebrate SAMHAIN. Pronounced Sa-Win. In the mexican culture its a day to remember the ancestors who has passed away and even though you dont have to be Mexican or latino, you can still set up a Altar of pictures and candles of relatives and ancestors that have passed away. its the time when the vale is thin and they can come in spirit form.
    Anonymous