Not Racist (just wondering if every state is like mine seems to be)

Where I am neighborhoods, communities and even cities tent to lean in one racial direction. There are not any really well 'mixed' areas. It is not a racist thing. Or doesn't seem to be it is just how it is. The areas tend to change over time but continue to have a 'majority' population. Example I just moved last year from community that I had been in for 10 years. When I moved it it was mostly Caucasian. that area over time became mostly African American. I am now living in a city that is Mostly Caucasian. A few miles down the road is an area that is mostly Korean American. Is this how it is every where or just here. I am in Ga.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think so...I live in northern california like a half hour from the city (SF) and my neighborhood is very mixed. There are more caucasion people here but there are more caucasion people who live in this city anyway. but my neighborhood is very mixed...its more diverse as a neighborhood than my city is as a whole thats for sure.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• That sounds nice... I find it some what sad that my neighborhood and my son's school is so...I dunno...There is just no diversity. I want him to learn that color doesn't matter but I know it will come up one day as he rarely sees a person of any other race any more. he is 5 my daughter is 2.
    Anonymous

• I have been to the south before and it tends to be like that...not very mixed, kid of just one or the other...its very odd
    Anonymous

• I live in upstate NY, which is predominantly white. The town I live in is 70% white.
    Anonymous

• I have noticed the same thing. We moved from the Silicon Valley of California six years ago. When I was growing up, it was mainly Caucasian...now it's mainly Asian/Pacific Islander.
    We moved to a small town in the PNW, about a half hour from a major city. This area is mainly Caucasian, with the major city having a large percentage of both Caucasian and Hispanic/Mexican with a sprinkling of Black/African American and Asian/Pacific Islander. Over the last six years, I haven't noticed any change in the demographics.

However, when we were looking for our house, our realtor told us certain areas were predominantly Hispanic/Mexican or Russian. So, everywhere there are towns that have mixes and towns that are one ethnic group mainly.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Where I'm living right now in Texas (military town) my neighborhood is VERY mixed!! & I don't live on post (base). I love it, esp since my daughters are mixed. Where I was from in Cali.. Bay Area like the 1st poster, my neighborhood area was very mixed as well.. Have always lived in a diverse community.. Same w/ the schools I've attended... I hope its the same for my girls.. So far it is!
    MamaCole

Answer by MamaCole at 10:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• used to live in northern ca and i never really heard any racial comments or anti-gay comments until i moved to wa state.it was weird for me to hear someone ask me "how could someone be a lesbian?"it sounded like something a 5 year old would ask,but it was a grown woman. it was so weird for me
    Anonymous

• I am currently in GA also and have noticed this also. We are down here temporary while husband works so we are unfamiliar with the area. Let's just say I felt like a fish out of water when I went to the grocery store in one town and was the only white person there. Then found a store where there were only white people. The next store I tried was a bit more mixed. It seems like different races seem to keep to themselves here. Don't know if it is a geographical thing or not.
    Anonymous

• We are one of 3 white families... actually the only other white people here are married to black people. In our neighborhood there is 1 street where the whites live then the rest is black, we live in the "black section" The township is mixed but there are black and white neighborhoods
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I remember things being pretty mixed in Northern California.

The neighborhood I live in now in Utah is more a mix of whites, hispanics and pacific islanders....so still a mix, but not as many asians and blacks as I remember in Cali.
    Anonymous