Are you or your DH truckdrivers??

My hubby is starting truck driving school in Feb and we are both nervous on what to expect, can you please tell me some of your takes on this whole new life ahead of us.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• My Hubby has been an owner/operator for the past 19 yrs. It's not easy, he's gone a month at a time. We own our truck, he's never driven for anyone else. Money wise it's good but we make a percentage, not per mile. We pay our own insurance, etc. Last yr we made about 200,000.00. All total he worked about 9 months out of the yr. The best advice I can give is for him to go out on the road with a seasoned driver. Then he can get the feel of it before he goes to school. It's not an easy life, he will shower in a different place everyday, tell him to go shopping once a week so he won't have to eat out all the time. And if he's alone, get a good dog to keep him company. He will be forced to get a little exercise off and on all day. Message me if you have any other questions!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009