Debatible questions for Christian Believers!

Why is it that a majority of you say that non-believers need to be saved?
........assume that non-believers will go to hell because of what they believe?
Does not the persons values and actions declare mo0re than a personal belief of god or gods?
Do you not perceive and advertise your god to be a Just, forgiving and merciful God?
So how is it you choose to condemn those who do not think as you to the fire pit of hell?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon yes I asked the question but you are attacking her belief in Christianity.

What you are seeing there is the very logic behind your question - there are some who are more interested in the letter of the law than the spirit. To them, anyone who interprets the bible differently than they do is no different than someone who rejects the bible completely. They also seem to be naturally rude and argumentative, at least when they are given internet access. These are the same people who believe other denominations (JW, Catholic, etc) are tools of satan.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• DEBATABLE
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Because the bible says that any one who is not for God is against him.
    The bible says you must be baptized (immersed) and believe Jesus is the son of God, and live as best as you can according to God's laws.
    Good deeds mean nothing without having God and Jesus in your life.
    God is JUST: ie he is fair and is the true judge, and understands we are only human when we make mistakes. he will punish those who go against him.
    FORGIVING: If you screw up, he will forgive you and you repent (ie do everything you can not to repeat your sin)
    and MERCIFUL: in that if you follow him, he will show you mercy when you do something wrong etc.
    YOU see some Christians as condeming people to hell, when in reality we are just stating what the bible says about anyone who is "unsaved". In the end, God is the judge, but the bible clearly states the kinds of people who WILL NOT be entering the gates of heaven.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• -The Bible says that all have fallen and are in need of God's grace. When you believe in God and believe that the Bible is his word, naturally, believing that all have fallen and are in need of God's grace is next.

-The Bible says that those who do not believe in God will be seperated from God which many refer to as hell.

-God is just, forgiving and merciful because he has created a way for all to be with him. He forces it on no one, it is up to us to decide our own fate.

-Christians should not and generally do not, condemn anyone to hell. There is a difference between saying "my belief system tells me that someone who does not believe in God is seperated from him after death" and saying "I condemn you to hell!" A Christian shouldn't condemn or desire that any person should go to hell. It's WHY Christians tell people about hell and desire for them TO believe so that they WON'T have to go to hell.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Why would you turn down being reconciled to God? Why?
    Anonymous

• yeah, what ^she said. (bravo, amanda!)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• lol thanks Lisa.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• let me start off by saying that i am not a Christan that believes all non-Christians are going to Hell.

b/c the Bible tells them that there is no way to Heaven expect thru Jesus.

Does not the persons values and actions declare more than a personal belief of god or gods?
    i think actions speak more than beliefs. it has never sat well w/ me that some Christians believe God will forgive a murderer/rapists b/c they are Christian but not someone like Ghandi who has done more good than most Christians.

i do, and thats why i dont believe Him to punish those who are good just b/c of a non-belief in Jesus.

i do not, but im pretty sure im not the kinda Christian you were aski
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• So how is it you choose to condemn those who do not think as you to the fire pit of hell?
    ----------
    I got that feeling too so I answered from that Christian perspective myself :-) I believe in the continuation of grace after death which is more of a universalist approach. Choosing between the universalism of salvation vs. the exclusivity of it is not a priority of mine because I'm already saved. I fully acknowledge that God is in control of the gates of heaven and that his will is done, regardless of what "rules" I've found in the Bible.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Psalm 14:1-2 "The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek God."
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 11:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009