Has anyone heard it's safe....

to smoke weed while being pregnant? Wouldn't it make the most since NOT to since you're pregnant? Anyones doctor ever tell them it's ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um....no. And I know some people on here are going to say yes and it's fine and whatever. My opinion is no.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OP- THANK YOU!!! I have NEVER heard it's SAFE to smoke weed while being pregnant!!!
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of it being safe. However they can't tell you with 100% certainty what is safe and what is not. I don't believe it will cause miscarriage as for whether it can damage the fetus I don't know. I'm sure it would if you smoked regularly and a lot. However a little here and there who knows. I never did, but then again I quite 3 mnths before I got pregnant. It isn't addictive, it has no long term physical affects that are directly cause by smoking pot. So even though I wouldn't recommend it I would say use your best judgment.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• ive heard its safer than cigarettes...
    the CO2 in the smoke is what is most harmful when it comes to marijuana...so yes it makes more sense to not smoke at all
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It makes more sense not to. And I never would. But my MIL smoked weed every single day of her pregnancy (and probably did other stuff too) and my husband is perfectly healthy and normal.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I did it once while I was pregnant, no harm came of that. There is scientific proof that tobacco and alcohol do harm the fetus, but there is no known threats caused by marijuana. I guess it is better all in all not to smoke anything while pregnant.
    Anonymous

• You are fishing. Why do you want to know? So if one mom on here says her doc says it's ok with it you can run with it. If 50 moms say they smoked pot everyday and their kids were ok you can run with it? Every pregnancy is different, every pregnancy is different. Be thankful if you give birth to a totally healthy baby with no problems. Get on your knees and thank your god you have a healthy baby. Do everything to have a healthy baby. Why would you even ask about pot? That is not on the list of things to do when you are pregnant, growing a healthy baby inside you. I would think questions about vitamins, doctors appointments, sonograms, and testing would be more up your alley for a healthy baby. Questions about pot? Get your priorities straight.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Of course, Every mother freaks out at this question!!

I quit smoking as soon as I found out, my best friend has not and her baby is grower faster than she is actually. lol.

They can't actually link anything wrong iwth pregnancy and smoking weed, because in most cases the mother does'nt ONLY smoke weed, shes doing other things.

all of my aunts smoked their whole pregnancy and their children are fine they're 18-30 now...trouble-makers and addicted to worse drugs but healthybabies and children none the less.

but I've heard of most doctors drug testing the baby when its born.

HOWEVER,
    I FIRMLY BELIEVE YOUR PREGNANT, AND CAN MAKETHE SMALL SACRIFICE OF QUITTING.
    I was all about the ganja for 5 years or so, and I quit. Had a few sleepless night at first, but its for the best
    ChelseaG23

Answer by ChelseaG23 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It's not necessarily "safe" but I honestly don't think it would hurt you or the baby...I say that bc my mom smoked with all 4 of us kids and we all turned out fine. None of us have anything wrong with us and we all weighed around 7lbs so no it doesnt cause low birth weight either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OP- I'm not even pregnant I'm TTC but a friend of mine is and she said her doctor told her it was okfor her to smoke it. I'm just trying to make a point that it's NOT ok!
    Anonymous