Can not read SD card, I am soooo disappointed!

So I have this Sd card that I went to get pictures off of and when I put it in the machine it just keeps coming up as error and I cannot see anything. I know there are pictures on it, I know that they were not erased. What is the worse is that it has my oldest little girls first hair cut. Has anyone had experince with this. Is there any way to retrieve any of these files? I just hope that someone can give me some kind of hope.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 11:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Technology

• Sounds like the card got corrupted somehow. If that is indeed the case, there may not be any way to retreive the photos.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Do you have the appropriate hardware/drivers installed?
    Anonymous

• what "machine" are you refering to? the picture machine at the store or your pc?
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I typically put it on my computer and have no problems but it had an error when I put it in there so I took it to Walmart. I used all of their machines and when I put the card in it does not even recognize that there is a card in the slot. So the only advice the people at the photolab gave me was to take it to a place where they have a Kodak machine because that is the brand that it is. Well I did that and it kept coming up as error that it could not read it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Make sure the little tiny tab on the side is not set to locked. Sometimes it accidentaly locks on you and nothing can read the card.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have tried the tab on the sides sadly, I wish that would have worked. Well I was hoping that someone might have better news.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009