what area of the grocery store is coconut milk located?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have seen it baking section, and in the non refrigerated juice section.
    Anonymous

• ethnic foods is where I have always found it
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I've never looked, but I'd guess it might be with the other canned milk - evaporated milk and condensed milk. I always just ask someone there rather than wander aimlessly looking.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• scratch that.....I have found it in the beverage section as well (where they have all the stuff to make mixed drinks).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Go to the asian section of the grocery store.This is where canned Chung King - big yuck is found. I live in Texas and in my area coconut milk is sold at Dollar General, in the food section. There is coconut milk, some is watery and some is thicker. In an american grocery store cream of coconut is not interchangable as it contains sugar. In an Asian grocery store I bought cream of coconut for the Thai soup I was making. It was much creamier and like coconut milk on steriods. Thick rich and no sugar. In my area Thai Kitchen is a brand that is pretty creamy and in the asian food section.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• At my store it is in the Asian food section which is in the International section.We have two aisles of food from everywhere.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• cool thanks everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• There are different kinds. Coconut milk for drinking is with the other plant milks; for cooking, in the ethic food section.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have found it in the liquor store! lol
    So at the grocery store, look by the spirits.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• ethnic section!! Ceam of Coconut or coco lopez ( From the mixed drink section )is NOT the same thing!!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009