bleeding after delivery

ok soo i havent stopped bleeding since the hospital delivery and its been 9 1/2 weeks. but i had gotten the depo shot 4-5 weeks after i had my daughter. how normal is this and could something be wrong?

avigrl88

Asked by avigrl88 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• sounds pretty normal to me but you should not be bleeding much longer. I got Depo before I left the hospital after having my son and I bled for about 2 and a half to 3 months after than my regular periods started again.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• How much blood? Like spotting or like you are filling up 1-2 pads a day?
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• like a period
    avigrl88

Answer by avigrl88 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The depo will do that. I bled from the time I had my son until I went off the depo nearly 2 years later with only small breaks of no bleeding in between.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Hmmmm....I don't have any experience with the depo shot and how it would have affected you, but my personal experience was that I was spotting for almost 3 months after delivery. I had an IUD put in 6 weeks after delivery and when I kept spotting I called my OBGYN and he said that it was normal. It couldn't hurt to call your OBGYN and ask just to be safe and for your own peace of mind.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009