Is it wrong to want to be a single mother

Is it wrong to want to be a single mother, if you're put in that circumstance. My son's father left us when I was 8 months pregnant and my son is now 8 months. I just started a relationship with another guy, but we haven't done anything, not even so much as hold hands. I don't desire to get close to anyone on that level. My son is the most important thing to me, and my big fear is meeting another man who wants children of his own. So I can put my son in the- My dad left me, now my mom has a new husband, and they have a child together issue. I've done it all on my own so far, my son has MANY male influences (relatives good friends) and I know a thing or two about guy stuff lol. So anyway is it wrong to want to raise your children as a single parent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• NO, not at all!! Boys who are raised by single mothers are often much more sensitive to the needs of women and make wonderful husbands and fathers! there is proof!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• As long as a child has male role models in his/her life I don't think its wrong. I think many many women make the mistake of thinking they can be mother and father to their child but thats not realistic. Boys and girls both need fathers in their life, even if its not their biological dad. By having these men in their lives you are being a great mother.
    However, I don't think you should be afraid of the things you mentioned. Their may very well be someone great for you who does or does not want more children. You will be a great enough mother to both of your children and show them the same love that good parents and adoptive parents show their kids in these situations. Don't write of love!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Nope. Not at all. I raised mine as a single parent for 4 years. Now I'm kicking myself for not just staying single. I do it all anyway. The camping, the cupscouts, that taking to games, parks, bike riding, all school functions, the zoo. You name it and me and him do it. Not Dad.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• If you feel that being a single parent is right for you then no its not wrong. But I have to tell you that with the right man you will not need to worry about having more children. My first husband left us when my boys were 1 and 3 and has had nothing to do with my boys since then. I remarried 2 years later to a wonderful man. We have a son together. My oldest 2 know that he is their stepfather but he his daddy to them. He shows no difference between the boys and even got mad one day when someone referred to our 2 youngest as half-brothers. he says he is daddy to all three. Father doesn't matter, daddy does so they are not half brothers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with how you feel. You're focusing on what's important: your son and you. I've been divorced for 6 yrs, and I date a bit, but I don't really care if I have a relationship or not. I'd rather focus on raising my sons and making sure they turn out to be decent guys so that one day, there isn't a woman out there in my shoes b/c of my sons.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My hubby was raised by his grandma for most of his life and he is such a wonderful father and husband, so there is nothing wrong with wanting to be a single mom
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2009