She won't nurse...

So during the day my 2 month old refuses the nipple-won't even consider it anymore. All she will eat from is the bottle, which is expressed milk so she's getting my milk but still I miss the nursing and sometimes it would be so much more convienent! But then during the night she will nurse just fine, no problems.
Any ideas on how to get her to nurse better during the day? We've tried different holds, sugar water..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• okay. she's not nursing because she knows when she doesnt latch you will automatucally give in and give her the bottle. see whe nshe eats from your breast she has to work for her milk. when you give her the bottle the milk just pours out. menaing she can just relax and eat no working,.thats why she prefers the bottle. and at night the reason she takes your breast is she is too tired to put up a fight with you. i would suggest i you want to only feed her from the breast do not give in and give her the bottle. she will not starve herself. if she is really hungry she WILL take the breast. it might take a bit of fussing on her part but she will realize the breast is the only thing she is going to get. and her beng so young if you keep on givingher the bottle each time she wants to eat she may get nipple confusion and forget how to nurse. so just dont give in to the bottle and put her to your breast only! good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Second that. If you want her on the breast, the bottle HAS to go. The number of babies who develop this preference is small, but it DOES happen and the only way to combat it is to dump the bottles. You can switch her to a soft spout sippy afte you have her on the breast.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• STOP BOTTLES I did the same thing. For a few weeks gave him a bottle and thst is what he wanted. I had to stop the bottles. Now he is 10 months and no bottles has been the easiest thing in the world
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2009