Serious question for NON VAXING mamas

I'm preggo with my second DD. With my first DD (who is 5 now) I got her vaxed because I didn't know you could choose not to. I jist thought it was something everyone had to do. Anyways, reading all of the stats on not vaxing I am considering it. My question is, how do you register your child for school without shot records? I live in California and when I registered my DD for kinder it seemed to me that there was no option. No shots, no school. They wouldn't put her I a class until I provided her records. Am I missing something? How do you get your children in school without their shots? Please help! Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I live in California. Luckily here in Cali there are 3 exemptions (at least for the time being). There is medical which is held in every state. Religious which is in some states. And california also has the philosophical exemption. That's the one i use. It basically just means that it is against your personal beliefs. you can print out an exemption for california here at this site.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It depends on your state. Here in NC the only exemption we can get is religious, so I claimed religious exemption and just had to write a short letter to that effect.

Answer by missanc at 8:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You can give them a waiver rather than the vax record. They may give you a hard time about it, but they can't keep her out of school because of it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• California is a great State if you are choosing to not vaccinate. You have 3 different kinds of waivers there. One for medical, religion or you simply don't agree with them. The school will make you think you have no choice but that is not the case. Look up the laws there and let them know what you are going to do. They may try to argue with you and strong arm you into vaccinating the kids but ultimately they cannot make you do anything and they have to allow your child to attend school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Unfortunately you can claim a religious exemption.

You can vax and your child may be 1 in a million who has a reaction or you can not vax and your kid can be one in a million that dies of measles...The difference is if you child dies of measles they have exposed a million other children some not old enough for the vax.
    Anonymous