What is the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If you have to ask then you aren't in love.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I love a lot of people but I am only in love with my husband. Like the PP stated, if you have to ask you have never been in love.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• In a relationship you can love someone you've been married to for years but not be "in" the act of love. You can love them out of time, past experiences, a life you've built, sharing kids, interests and still not be in love. It's a respect kind of love rather than a passionate, moving, soulful love. At least that is what I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• well the difference is if you are in love you know that you'd do anything for that person, a love you'd have to mkae this man your husband. knowing none can ever make you as happy as this person.you'll know when it happens to you:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I believe it is something you cannot explain, but just feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I love my kids, but I'm in love with my husband. I don't really know if it's possible to clearly explain it. To me, being in love is just that extra dimension to the feelings of love that make it more than just a friendship type love or a parent-child love or a sibling love. I mean I love my friends, my kids, my parents, my sisters, but I'm only in love with my husband. There's just an extra to what I feel for him than what I feel for everyone else. And it's not sexual (or at least not all sexual) because I've been sexually attracted to other people over the course of our marriage, but that didn't mean I was in love with that person. Like I said before, it's just really hard to define or explain. As cliche as it is, it's just something that you know.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I love my mom, but I am in love with my dh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I love my brother. I am IN love with my husband. That's the difference.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Love is a choice. Being IN LOVE is the choice with feeling. I love my husband but I am not IN LOVE with him. There is nothing emotionally or passionately there but there is total faithfulness & committment to him. In a marriage you can times of both love & being IN LOVE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009