Moms who breast feed.

Okay im due next april YAY! lol i am going to BF exclusively. I never done it with my other two kids but i did pump BM for my second daughter. My husband will want to hold the baby and feed him but he knows i am BF. Is it a bad thing for me to bottle feed him a few times? If not then what is the best glass bottle that is closest to a nipple? Also, we have a two bedroom apartment. my daughters sleep in there room that has two toddler beds, a dresser and night stand. I dont know if we should spend money on a new crib and put it there but i dont think i should. i would like to co sleep and i have a new bassinet in my room already and set to go. My mom says i need one but i dont know. the rooms are far apart and i dont want the baby waking up my other kids and i dont want to wake up half asleep hitting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We co-slept for the 1st year and it was much easier that way since I was breastfeeding DD. You barely have to wake up and I would dose off again nursing her! When she turned one we transitioned to her crib in her own room and it went pretty well. She's 18 months now, sleeping in her own room in her crib :) We still BF before bed and first thing in the morning. I want to make it to 2 years like the WHO recommends, and especially want to make it through the cold/flu season for the extra immune system help! DD was born April 08 BTW!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the info. But i still wanted to know if it was a good idea to buy the crib now or later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• For the first 4-6 weeks after birth, it is recommended to not offer a bottle or pacifier to a baby so yo don't risk the chance of "nipple confusion." After that, if you want to pump, and TRY to have someone else( This is the key to success) offer baby a bottle, they YES by all mean go for it. As for the crib goes, I personally got my daughter one before she was born, and she has NEVER slept one single night in it. When she first came home, she slept in a bassinet right next to me, and I would wake up , feel her, then lay her back in the bassinet. I finally got "smart" LOL and at 5 months, started co-sleeping. She is 15 months, and only BF before naps and bedtime now, and is still co-sleeping with my husband and I. Good luck with whatever you choose. I recommend joining the breastfeeding moms group. The advice from those ladies can be a lifesaver!! Congratulations and best wishes!!!

MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 12:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Thanks, i am in that group already and i will ask there later. I need to talk to my hubby and see what he feels as well. I wouldn't introduce a bottle at that age either. I dont like pacis because kids get so attached they wont let it go. My second daughter had no interest in it but my first, oh man! Lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'd wait on the crib, unless you think you won't have the $$ later and you do now. Even if you don't co-sleep you'll have the bassinet for the first few months. If the co-sleeping is working for you, you might not need a crib for a year or more. We did get the crib before DD was born though, didn't realize it would hardly be used for 12 months lol.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Well i want a crib because my husband and i still want our alone time. And at a year i think i want the baby to sleep in his own bed. Also Babies r us and Toys r us are doing a layaway program and if i put it on layaway now i can get it paid before my baby is born and have it home for future use. My husband doesnt have a problem with co-sleeping because we did it with our first but i know how he is and hes going to want to be alone with me too and i cant neglect him either haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• As to "best bottle"...that depends entirely on the baby. For a baby prone to preference, NO bottle is best. For the majority of babies, ANY bottle will do as long as they are willing to take it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009