Why does Shep stay?

Sometimes he acts as if he might explode with anger at FOX news. Like he is a caged animal! Maybe it's just them eyebrows that make him seem angry, or on edge

Shepard Smith apologized for a "lack of balance" on a story aired during his Fox News show today. Reporter Shannon Bream was covering the campaign for governor in New Jersey when she snagged an interview with the Republican candidate Chris Christie, but when Smith asked her when she would interview the the Democratic candidate, and current Governor, Jon Corzine, Bream replied, "We have in multiple requests, and when it comes in, we'll let you know."

Smith was not happy to hear that: "Wow. I didn't know that was about to happen. My apologies for the lack of balance there. If I'd had control it wouldn't have happened."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGefbh2osMQ&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its not their fault the Dem never replied to talk to them. At least he addressed it and it was apparent they tried to get the Dem to have a brief interview. Why are you going to blame a whole network on a candidates choice not to be interviewed?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• umm, I just want to say that while I like Shep Smith, he scares the lving hell out of me with them eyebrows and that STARE!! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• How weird. I saw that today - just that split second where he made that comment - as I was flipping up to the weather channel. I wrote it off as him being flip as usual and didn't stick around to see what he was complaining about. Was he really complaining or just being sarcastic, since it is rather difficult to be "balanced" when Obama forbids anyone from "his team" to talk to you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• He got upset with a nurse he was interviewing last week (or the week before) who was protesting the forced vax for health care workers in NY. He didn't seem to like the reason that she was protesting, and told her that she couldn't say what she was saying on national TV. Then he apologized to the audience, said that if he knew she was going to say what she did, she would not have been granted the interview. I don't know if it is on youtube or not, I don't go there, but I was a bit puzzled when he was acting the way he did. It kinda made me look at him different, maybe he is really a lib.....does anyone know what he is?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• He stays for the bottom line. The paycheck.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• crissy

your reply is just funny and very typical of making excuses.......

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• YEah Anon..its Fox's Fault that the other side is to scared to be interviewed by someone who doesnt kiss their butts. It seeems to me if they truly believe the nonsense thy are spouting they would be on Fox convincing people that they are right and Fox is wrong....firsthand.

As for the nurse story....I was actually watching that day.  In the PRE interview she had said that the reason she was not getting the vaccine was it was against her constitutional rights. THEN she gets on tv and starts talking about how the vaccine is horrible and dangerous.  He was pissed because 1)that wasnt what she had said originally and 2) he didnt have someone from the OTHER side to dispute the MEDICAL info she was giving.

WOW, what an AWFUL man to be aggrivated when he cant get BOTH sides of the story presented.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• by: Carpy
    He stays for the bottom line. The paycheck.

^^^^This^^^^^

and 29again, I saw that part of the interview last week too.  I think he was expecting her to have a stance on the issue but it ended up being her protesting over something else, wasn't it?  He was sort of taken by surprise and I think she was trying to take the interview in a direction he wasn't prepared for (I don't think the segment was even about what she was protesting). 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I thought he was at the end when he yelled the F word on live tv. That was priceless.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• How can they be fair and balanced when the current admin won't give interviews? If I see Obama on 60 minutes one more time I'll scream!! He's such an ass!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009