Developmental Milestones...

My daughter is 5 months old and she can roll over in both directions, but still doesn't do much of anything. She cries a lot and has no desire to do anything. I just don't know what to do. She does reach for objects on occasion, but if I put her down she just cries and cries. I'm worried about her. There is probably nothing wrong, but what's your experience?

I know that babies develop at their own rate, but I'm worried about her. I've taken her to all of her appointments and she's gaining weight and everything. The doctor hasn't expressed much concern about it. I understand that she wants me to hold her all the time because I'm mommy and comfortable, but she has no motivation to do anything else. I suppose I should just embrace it while it lasts, but what are your thoughts? Is this normal for a baby to never want to be put down or play at 5 months old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh! And I do try getting down on the floor and playing with her, but it's still a no-go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i remember holding my daughter a lot around 4 months. oh and i still do! i think its normal, when my daughter was that age she didnt really want to play on the floor or do tummy time stuff, but i just did those things with her anyway until she started to get too upset or frustrated, and then i would pick her up again. i also would put her in her little boppy chair and sit her in front of the tv to watch the baby einstein dvds. and no, i did not sit her in front of the tv all day. but sometimes the classical music and bright colorsed contrasting images would entertain her for a short perio of time, so i could fold the laundry or empty the dishwasher. having a baby bjorn helps if you have a baby who likes to be held often. my daughter would fall asleep in it when i would vacuum or do other things. hope this helps. i wouldnt worry as long as the doctors arent worried :)
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 9 months, and at 5 months she went through the same thing. She wanted nothing but me all the time. And it drove me nuts. But you have to continue to give her time on the floor, to play and roll around. Babies are hard to read this one is my first and I was going crazy when she went through that. But you can also ask her doctor for advice on what to do with her to make it more fun. But like DRM0329 said if the doctors arent concerned then I wouldn't worry to much! I hope this is a little helpful. BTW She will grow out of it sometime soon.
    haydensmom09

Answer by haydensmom09 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2009