nervous dont know what shots 2 get my 2month old

Her appointmen is in a few days n I don't know what shots 2 give her.I'm so freakin nervous.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 1:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do your research on all of the shots and then decide which ones you think are beneficial for her now and which ones you think she will be fine without.. She doesn't have to get any or she can get all of them
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Well, if you trust your Dr. your Dr. will be sure to keep her up to date.

If you are not so sure that your Dr. knows what is best for your baby then i suggest you hold off on all vaccines and start your own research. Later, if you decide that vaxing is the right choice for your baby, you wont have lost anything because you can always catch up on the vaccines then. But if you go ahead and get them now, but find out later that you disagree with the ingredients or anything else you wont be able to take back what has already been injected into the child's body.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It depends on your situation. If you are a stay at home mom and your interactions with other people are limited, you don't really need to get any shots for the baby. I waited until my babies were older. It's when they interact with other children and touch things that you really need to worry, but at 2 months if you're nervous and you want to research it more you can wait to give the baby shots. Especially if you are a stay at home mom and you are not at a great risk for bringing an illness home to your child. Even if you do, you pass on the immunities through breast milk...if you're breastfeeding that is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree with anon, you don't have to get her any until you know what you want to do! I think a good starting point it Dr. Sears The Vaccine Book, it talks about ALL the vaccines, why they are given, the diseases they are supposed to prevent, the risks of the vaccines and the risks of the diseases, what's in the vaccines etc... it helps you make more informed decisions and educate yourself. Then you can continue to look into things more if you feel you need to.

I didn't give DD any shots till she was 3 months and then we did 1. She's almost 19 months now and we've done 10 shots. We're selectively vaxing, and spreading out and delaying the vaxs we do decided to do.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Dr sears is a pretty good schedule.We are following that except for the DTaP( we are not getting that one at all)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009