Baby sick, mommy depressed

My 14mo son has what I think is a very bad cold.. runny/stuffy nose, cough, low-grade fever, fussiness, and clingy. He is absolutely miserable. I've been getting more and more depressed as the day has gone on because I HATE seeing him that uncomfortable. There is nothing I can do to make it better other than just hold him. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow though.

Does anyone else get depressed when their little one is sick?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh heck yes i do. my daughter was sick for 10 days with a really bad stomach bug when she was 6 months. she threw up constantly and was just not her happy, smiley self. oh that stay in the hospital was terrible too, i had to see her hooked up to an IV cuz she was so dehydrated. i feel ur pain momma. its a sad situation when you cant do much for your baby, you feel helpless.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009