How can I get my one year old to sleep in his own bed??

Me and my Fiancee share a room with our son, and got him a toddler bed cause he climbs out of his crib, but now he can get out of bed and sleeps with us, EVERY NIGHT! Any advice??

EllaBean19

Asked by EllaBean19 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just keep putting him back, tell him to stay in bed, he will try and get out again but just keep putting him back. And if he cries, just let him cry it out. he will get tired enough he will just fall asleep. I had both of my boys sleeping with us until they were 1 and then i switched to a toddler, you just have to keep doing it, he will get the hint sooner or later but you probably not going ot get a lot of sleep while he is transitioning, I had really easy babies and they only took a few days but it could be longer. Good Luck!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009