38 weeks!

So I've been timing my contractions for most of the day. They have been pretty sporadic and not lasting very long. I know there is nothing to do but wait and that's what I'll do but I'm just sooo happy to finally be able to see the light at the end of this long tunnel!! I would just be so much happier if the contractions weren't in my lower back. As of right now they are between 6 and 10 minutes apart and lasting anywhere between 30 seconds up to almost a minute.

Don't worry I won't start heading to L&D till they are 3-5 minutes apart, lasting about a minute long and have been that way for an hour! Though I wouldn't be surprised if my SO tries to drag me there before then.

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are standing up when they happen, try to sit down or lay on your side. If you are laying down when they happen, try to stand up and walk around. I hope this works, good luck on the birth and congrats on expecting!
    loveme2

Answer by loveme2 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I've been sitting most of the time, but I'm on my exercise ball and I am constantly moving my hips around. I do try to stand up when I get them or feel it starting but sometimes it just hurts to much to! So far standing or sitting they have been coming!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Yay!!! i'm 39w 3 days and i haven't had the pleasure of going into actual labor yet... too many false... take a bath, relax... my problem is that once the contractions start i don't want to relax cause i want to go into labor... argh. well, hope for the best, good luck and God bless your LO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Oh i have no real problem relaxing between them, and i force myself to breath during them. My only issue is that it's all in my back!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 6:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• try getting on all fours and raising and lowering your back. this is a yoga position called cat and cow. it helps turn the baby to the correct position so that labor isn't all in your back.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• congrats! but hang in there because sometimes this kind of stuff can go on for weeks :)
    Anonymous