How can a mom get an almost 3 year old boy to potty train?

My 2 year olds dad won't help me potty train my son. I think he is ready to potty train. My son takes his clothes off, takes his diaper off after he potty's in it pee or poo, and leaves the diaper on the floor until we see him naked. I'll put another diaper back on him and his clothes, but he will do it about 4-5 times a day. I try to bring him in the bathroom with me to let him see me go potty and let him play with his potty chair while I am going. I think its time, and he knows what poo is. My brother lives with us and I thought about asking him to help me, but my sons dad should help me potty train him, but its difficult, ugh. Help, please?

loveme2

Asked by loveme2 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well my son willbe 3 in January and I still havent trained him. I have no idea how to go about it. He used to take his and his little brothers dialers off too but i quickly stopped that with a few spankings after they both peed on my brand new $300 rug! lol but I have no idea how to do it either. My hubby helps but he works a lot and i am the one hom with him all day. I would ask your hubby to help if he says no then remind him how much diapers cost and if he still wants to be buying them for the next year because youdont know how to go about training him. lol that worked on my hubby. If you get any helpfull advice please pass it on to me! good luck!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I didnt have much help from my DH either. You just need to do it. It sounds like he is ready. I put my son in his undies and when he pee'd I left him in it while I cleaned up the mess on the floor so he would feel how uncomfortable it is. Once you start, you cant stop. 5 days in when he's still having accidents you cant give up because your frustrated, it will just set him back. Only put a diaper or pullup on at nap/bed time. It took 3 weeks to get us to an accident free during the day, and he still wore a diaper for a month to bed, then we finally took him out of bed time diapers about 2 weeks ago. He has had 2 night time accidents. He didnt go poo on the potty for a long time though. He would only go once every 3-4 days until he got more comfortable with it. Good luck
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• BTW I started in August and he just turned 3 on oct 22.
    Always always always ask if he needs to go pee. If you have one of those seats that hooks to your toilet you may have a problem with him peeing all over your walls, I did. So I just took the seat off and told him to "point his peeper down" and he would make sure it was down as far as it would go. You'll have to hold him up till he gets the hang of it. Now we are trying to get him to go in the bathroom without us. He does every once in a while but still has trouble pulling his pants up.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009