why does it keep coming back?

I have experience being oppressed by the devil, and i am a christian, but cant understand why it keeps coming back. This is not the way i want to live. I tried and trried to live right, read my bible, pray, seek, God, go to church, but if i sin, one sin, i feel that ugly opression will come back again.. I am just tired of it, what am i doing wrong?/ someone tell me how to keep my delivance? i am trying my best to speak the word, and live it, tryign so hard..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No Christian is perfect! Are you perhaps striving for perfection and beating yourself because you fall short? That is what being a Christian means: we are nothing without God working through us, we came to Christ because we were convicted of our sins. His forgiveness and salvation are yours if you sincerely ask it because He loves us so much!! Once He forgives us, it's gone! Love keeps no records of wrongs. You will stumble, but you will not fall because Jesus has you by the hand. Know that God loves you and He is with you always, He will never ever forsake you!!
    -KaylaLee-

Answer by -KaylaLee- at 2:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The devil tempts everyone. Even Christ.

We are ALL sinners. ALL OF US. Nobody but Christ gets a pass on that. You can let that fact block you from life, or you can accept that YES, you're a sinner, and YES, God has forgiven you. He did so before you even ASKED for it...He is that good! And YES< he expects you to fall down again and again...just as Christ fell during His trip to Calvary. We are HUMAN. We WILL fall. God knows that. Who would know it better>

What I'm actually reading sounds like a case of depression, and a discussion either with your pastor or with a therapist might be in order.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• By the way...when I say fall, I mean exactly what Kayla Lee is saying. You're going to get up again. of course you will.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2009