What do you think of this? Christmas gift ideas...

We have started making and freezing Tamales, eggrolls, and ravioli. We made homemade jellies and jams and juices and are making breads and rolls to freeze. We are giving away these as gifts to friends and family this year. What do you think?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 3:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mmmmm tamales. Good call! :)
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It's a great idea. Put them in a gift basket with extras, that would be a great touch.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Yum. I love food
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 4:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think I want to be your relative--LOL I am curious to learn how to make homeade tamales, it is an all day affair right?
    I am also curious how you told people you usually exchanged gifts with, my sister in law and mother in law go crazy at christmas, and honestly, every year it has been a finacial strain, last year we said okay only 1 gift, but they didn't listen, so just curious how you are explaining it?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would be soo happy I love homemade gifts anytime you need an extra relative im here lol
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 7:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Great gift! Who doesn't love food? And it's practical too. So much better than a dust collector!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Wonderful! I love receiving gifts that people have put their time and personal touch into, especially food gifts.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• To answer your questions,
    Tamales are a two day affair for us. Well, we put the meat on the night before in the crockpot and then the next day we make the tamales. We have found it is really long and tedious unless we plan for it. Also, ya gotta use a putty knife for the masa. It just is a pain otherwise. (*CLEAN PUTTY KNIFE)
    As far as telling my relatives, we didn't. I told my hubby this isn't about them and what they think about us. It is about us giving a gift from the heart. IF they have a problem with it, I will understand. But it takes a lot of time and effort to do what I have been doing. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Anyone who doesn't love and appreciate this generous and loving gesture doesn't deserve it! Just remember who they are so they can get scratched from next years list! I'd LOVE to receive any of the things you listed and think you ROCK!!!!!!!! I make a lot of my own gifts too, can you tell (he he)! I don't do all food, it's a mix, but I KNOW how much work goes into it.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009