Anyone have a gut feeling that the baby was the opposite sex than what the ultrasound showed?

Okay, so I had an ultrasound that said baby would be a girl. I had a very strong gut feeling that baby was a boy since I found out I was pregnant. I still have that same strong feeling, to the point I am worried to buy girl clothes. This is my third baby (I guessed the right gender with DS and DD before the u/s, and never doubted what the u/s showed). How often is the u/s wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have three girls and it was always very obvious they were girls. In the ultrasound it looks like an equal sign.
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 7:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OP here... baby had her legs crossed, so she "couldn't be sure". She said "I think baby is a girl..." I don't want to buy a bunch of girlie stuff for a little boy to come out. haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• get another sonogram, my friend had all pink cutie nursery done, and guess what?? yep, boy, just to be safe, I am a believer in gut feelings-LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• A friend had a gut feeling it was a boy when ultrasound said girl. Called her bump Kevin, then her daughter was born. She named her daughter Kevin. HA HA...

I knew from the moment I was pregnant both times what the sex of my baby was. I went with it. Bought everything for that sex, told everyone the sex as if I was right and named our babies according to my feelings. YAY I was right.

So, I guess it just depends. Good luck.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Just buy yellows & greens if you're worried that pinks & purples will end up being blues! I thought for sure I was getting a boy this time (3rd pregnancy, have 2 girls already) but nope, ultrasound showed a clear female part on my 3rd girl!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• With my 1st - I questioned it until she was born. The u/s said girl - and she was.

My other 2 they were right, but I didn't question it anymore. I think they are accurate. Of course they can't give you a 100%.  But I think when they tell you, they are pretty confident as to what it is.  If you are worried, go ahead and get a few boy things and don't take the tags off the girl things. Take both boy and girl clothes to the hospital. Good luck!

ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 8:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• With my second I just knew he was a girl and dreamed a boy I was like no it's a girl. Then us showed boy and He came out mommy's boy.

They have been accurate for me but my boys were not shy in the least and sadly my 6 year old is still not the least bit shy (around immediate family) lol.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 9:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I was uncertain but US said girl and she was a girl. Since it's hard to tell inyour situatoin, buy neutrals until you get your next ultra sound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Like you, I also knew with my first 2. But the third was tricky. I was saying it was a girl but the moment those words came out, my intuition screamed "NO! Your wrong." Right before the ultasound I turned to hubby and said its a boy....he was a boy! I have 3 kids too and yes I wanted to know with #3 so I could get busy preparing everything so that life with 2kids and a newborn was going to be easier. We had a sleeping delima....where to put 3 kids with 2 bedrooms! lol So I totally understand why you dont want to buy all girl clothes only to waste your time to return them and your 2 kids will probably be with you....its a hassle. Just prepare as much as you can. You should be getting another US, right?

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I was convinced that my last baby was a girl...and he wasn't. If your u/s was around 20 weeks and they didn't see any boy parts, likely it is a girl. But why not just buy some gender neutral stuff and splurge when you really find out...IF you can't get another U/S
    mama02040608

Answer by mama02040608 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2009