Would you press the button?

There is a new movie out............premise is you get a million bucks if you press the button that will result in someone's death somewhere. Would you personally push it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I would not push it because I was taught to value life no matter who it is. Money isn't everything! Besides if you push the button it's probably someone you love and know. How could I sleep at night knowing I participated in murdering someone for no apparent reason beside my selfish ambitious for money and greed. This would be evil and committing a great sin in the sight of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No, if it were a million bucks, would push the button to save a life, not end it.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• That depends on whose life it was. I would have to know who I was "offing"
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The premise of the movie is that it would be a person that you did not know that would die as a result of your pushing the button.

I am ashamed to say that, yes I would. I am selfish and if I do not know the person dying then I would not give it a second thought. Look at the life I could give my family with that kind of money. And my family are the ones that matter to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Money is not necessarily my motivation for saying YES. I wouldn't mind ridding the world of some horrid people that are just a waste of space anyway. If I took the money then I might feel guilty, but I could push the button on a child molester or terrorist.. people like that.

Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No I wouldn't but if I could pick the person then hell yeah.....JK I couldn't bring myself to end someone elses life for money.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Anon has never heard of Karma perhaps? I would bet, with the way movies usually go, if you choose to kill someone the next person to die, when the NEXT person chooses the kill button, is someone from your family. Besides ALL of that money would have blood on it!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think with that movie what she doesn't know is that the person to die is her. They end up stalking her not some random person. I could be wrong though.

No, I wouldn't push the button.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No. You can't put a price on a life and it's simply not worth the guilt to me. Knowing that by pushing the button it would kill someone would haunt me, whether I know them or not.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 8:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2009