How do I convience my son?

My son's wife is not right for him. She is evil and has no morals to him. now I am willing totake him and the grandbabies in. But she has this hold on him it isnt natural. Iworry mysefl sick ove this. She doesnt beleive in jesis. what do I do?

mamamatilda

Asked by mamamatilda at 8:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Is he happy? How do you know that maybe through love and understanding instead of judgment you might be the one to bring her around. Or maybe that's your son's job. In other words butt out. All you are doing is making things worse that might not be bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You back off, unless she's abusing the children.

Sometimes you have to make mistakes on your own before you learn anything... this is one of those cases. Her believing in JESUS or not... well, that doesn't really matter. Her soul is her own, it isn't your son's... as long as he believes, what are you worried about?
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You step back and butt out. So what she doesn't believe in Jesus? That has nothing to do with it, obviously. If you try to break them up, he will probably come around to you less and less.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• If you love your son you need to let him do what he wants. You will lose him if you nag him about leaving his wife.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 9:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Morals? I think you need to have some yourself first! Your son is a grown man, you don't need to CONVINCE him of anything. Keep this attitude up with him and you lose him and your grand kids forever

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I suggest you keep your mouth shut and keep your distance. He married her. you did not. So leave them alone.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It's really not your business. Maybe you just dislike the woman. maybe he's happy and they have a great relationship. And after you last question, I seriously doubt your ability to judge this woman. It sounds like you want your child to yourself. Also, not believing in Jesus does not make you immoral or a bad person.

And it's not just with your DIL either. Even your own daugher you think is against you? I think you need to get some therapy before you lose your family.
    Anonymous

• The only suggestion I have for you is that you join a older mom's support group.  This place is differently not a place for you.  Check these out

http://www.cafemom.com/group/18813/

http://www.cafemom.com/group/27268/

Good luck

Anonymous

• All you're doing is pushing him further away.
    Anonymous

• You will loose your son if you try to interfere with his marriage. This sounds like the old "no one is good enough for my precious child" issue. He married her. She is the mother of his children. You need to embrace this family and stop finding fault. It will not end well if you don't. My mom did this and my SIL is a solid Christian who is a good mom. Yes, she can be inflexible with certain issues, but my brother loves her. He rarely speaks to my mom because she just couldn't let it go. Funny, she never had an issue with who her daughter married. I never thought about that. Maybe because he is so great! Be a good mom instead of the monster-in-law.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009