kids drop there crap all over the house after school help!!

my kids are older an they still do this to me an I dont feel like bitchen any more thats all I do help.

krista973

Asked by krista973 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Gather all their things and toss them in a trash bag and out it goes---backpacks and school stuff of course shouldn't get tossed. I would put the school bags in the bedrooms one last time then after that if still refuse to listen start taking things out of their rooms, TV radio phone etc... I remember my mom doing this to me and by brother when we were 13 and 14...worked quick
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I know what you mean! What helps is if you have a place set up for them to put their thinga away at. What I have is hooks in the closet that are set lower for them to be able to hang their own stuff up like coats and backpacks. Then I have a basket for each of them set up in the entry way labeled with their names on them. Whenever I find stuff of theirs laying around the house in the basket it goes. Then I make them empty and put away the stuff in the basket once or twice a week. I've have learned that as long as they have somewhere set up for them to put their own stuff away at, helps. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• they'll (like anyone else) only treat you in the manner in which you allow them to.
    lazy parents make busy people, get busy with the parenting you should have done while they were very little. not bashing, get busy. no use in complaining about what you have created.
    start throwing what they don't put away in the trash. start doing what you say you are threatening to do. start being consistent and serious....and ya know what? that crap won't happen anymore.
    works well for husbands too. :]
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Give them 24 hours, then bag everything up and put it in the basement (garage, etc)

Answer by rkoloms at 11:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Make them pick it up. How hard is that?
    Anonymous

• I hung hooks right inside my back door and have a hanging bag for gloves, hats, etc in cold weather. My kids know to hang their backpacks and jackets up when they get home. Make sure they have a place to put them.

Answer by missanc at 12:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• toss their stuff out side and make them go back outside and gather their stuff and bring it back in and put it away.
    RIPBethMason

Answer by RIPBethMason at 1:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• we have a rule, if i have to ask twice, its trash. very rarely will they (even my 2 year old- i've had to throw away matchbox cars) leave things out.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Give them a warning and if they don't pick their stuff up, pick it up and don't give it back. It doesn't matter what it is. They will have to earn it back or pay to get it back. (Homework only). If it is nonhomework, they earn it back with extra chores.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Get one of those big storage barrels and set it by your garage door. when ever you find something of theirs out of place toss it in. No need to give any warnings or ask them to move it they are old enough to put things away. When they start looking for that particular item you can tell them that if it isn't where it goes they may want to check the garage. Eventually they will get tired of digging through shoes and dirty socks and random sheets of paper to find their math book.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009