2nd baby shower?

I just found out that I am having a girl! I already have a boy so I have all the main things you would need like a tub and what have you, but I do not own a bit of pink stuff. Should I have a 2nd baby shower or do people not really do that? I am the first on in my family to have a baby so no one around me really knows either.

My mom said she heared a work about a meet and greet kind of thing after the baby comes. but she will be born in march so I dont know if I want people holding her and stuff.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
Jackie

JackieB33

Asked by JackieB33 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was always told you could have a second baby shower if the sex is different and it is five or more years apart......that is suppost to be good etiquette??
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Every Mom to be deserves a baby shower! I have 3 children and had a baby shower for each. My first was a boy we had regular baby shower. For my second boy we had a book shower (requesting only books as gifts). And for my last, a girl, I needed pink girly things! So start planning that shower girl!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• ok thanks for the input. and as for time apart..:) my son just turned one so it was a bam bam type of thing:)
    JackieB33

Answer by JackieB33 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Etiquette dictates you'd not have a second shower.

1) You don't plan your own shower.
    2) A shower is for the mother to gift her the basics for caring for a baby, not specific colored clothes.
    3) A meet and greet is always a good idea!
    4) Second showers are given if it has been more than 5 years, not just because you're having a different sex baby. (see #2)
    5) Just because you have a "meet and greet" doesn't mean people have to hold your baby.

6) If someone offers to give you a shower, you should decline because it's been only a year and you have all the basics already.
    7) If someone throws you a surprise shower....HAVE FUN!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i would say if ur family is ok with it , then do it. i have a boy, and i said that i would not have a second shower because i dont want to offend anyone and make them think im just gift grubbing. but my mom said she wants to throw me a 2nd shower if i have a girl. if everyone is ok with it, then why not?
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think that every baby deserves to be welcomed into the world by a baby shower. Why the heck not. This new baby is special too. I say go for it.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 12:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009