Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support & The Navy

My friend is having major issues with her child support agreement. Her ex just recently joined the Navy to try and better his life, but he has been slacking on paying her the child support he owes her. She needs to know if there is a dept within the Navy that she can contact about this. She has tried to figure it out herself, but keeps getting the run around. Does anyone know who she needs to contact within the Navy to get him to pay up?? I thought this would be a good place to ask since there are so many military wives/moms. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance.

Answer Question

Asked by PhiLLy-StyLe at 8:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 4 (34 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • The finance department or she can call his superiors. He HAS to pay. Does she have a child support order? That order needs to go to the finance department. She will get her money every month on time. They only pay out 1x a month usually on the 1st of the month. Does she know what base he is @? She can call base information and ask to speak to the finance department.

    Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • Tell her to write to his CO and enclose a copy of the child support agreement. He will be talked too and then the support will come straight out of his pay. She can also go send a copy of the child support orders to DFAS who takes care of taking the child support out monthly. I would do both.

    Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.