is there any connection to miscarriages & iuds?

i had an IUD in for about four yrs & in june had it removed so my husband & i could start trying for another lil one. i did get pregnant but recently lost it @ 7/8wks. i was just wondering if having an iud could cause any problems w/conceiving & maintaining a pregnancy.

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I cannot answer your question but wanted to say sorry about the m/c :-( My heart goes out to you.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i had an iud for a few years. when i got married , i removed it. I got pregnant 4 months later and had fullterm pregnancy and a beautiful daughter who is now 2.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• That depends. Was it the Mirena with hormones or the Paragard without hormones? The Mirena could possibly still have hormones in your system and could possibly cause a miscarriage (highly unlikely, but possible). According to my doctor after the Paragard is removed your chances of miscarriage are the same as they would be for a woman who had not had the IUD. Unless the IUD had become lodged in your uterus and caused some scar tissue, but I think the doc would have informed you of that if he had noticed anything like that when removing it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2009