I have had my Mirena for a year now I have NO period and gaining weight. Anyone else?

I want it out. I got it so i wouldnt get preg. I have never had a gut like this unless I was prego. My stomach looks about 4 months. I am not preggo it's all nasty blubber FAT. has anyone else had it about a year and gained weight? The thing is that my weight isnt that high about 136 before i was about 130 but its all in my stomach. I can grab huge chunks from the front and the sides. I want this GONE. I'm thinking about just taking it out.

Mrs.Oriaku

Asked by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Health

• i had it in for like 2 mnths and had it removed i gained 12 lbs ins 2 mnths and i have had it removed now 3 weeks and have lost 13 lbs i never got to loose my baby weight bc i got this iud and it out more lbs on me
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• sorry it put more lbs on me
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am getting it OUT!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• SoRry I take nueva ring but birth control makes you gain weight they told me except usually the pill doesn't but a lot of the others will.. Because it will retain water and you have to hydrate yourself.. But after awhile I think it has more effect than what they told me cause my cousin used tonly weigh a 100 lbs gain almost 35 lbs so watch youself some people body react differently towards birth control...
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 9:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am going to use condoms and be careful no more BC. It's messing me up. Now i need to make an apt to get it out.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i am on a low hormonal birthcontrol now called Lo ovral 28 its a pills
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have have mine for a year also. I don't get a period either but I am not gaining any weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I had mine for two years and I gained somewhere close to 50lbs. Never had a period, and I didn't realize that my IUD was probably the reason for it. As soon as I had it removed, I dropped the weight (within a few months, it was VERY dramatic). I believe anything and everything in moderation, but I do watch my calorie intake. When I had my IUD, I went to ONLY lean meats and steamed veggies, whole grains, fruits and very little fat to eat it ( no butter or mayo) with or cook with and I still gained weight....I don't know what that is all about. It also too me a year and a half to conceive after having it removed. This time around I have the copper IUD. I have not gained any weight, and I do have a period. It's hormone free, and it works. I don't mind THIS one at all.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Yes...I've gained weight since having my IUD. i hate it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I had the opposite - I lost weight having it in (all my baby weight, plus 10 lbs)! Once I had it out, I gained 10 lbs within a couple of months.

I still had a period, but it was pretty light and only lasted a day or two. I loved it and will most likely get another one after this baby is born!

But, I have a few friends who had it and hated it.
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009