How many pairs of underwear do you think a potty training toddler needs?

The only underwear she wants to wear is pricey, so my husband thinks 6 pairs is enough. I don't want to use pull-ups because we've always used cloth diapers. She picked out her own special cat underwear and I sewed diapers doublers in them to make them more absorbent. If she wears two of them at the same time it contains all of the accident. Some days she has no accidents and some days she has one or two. The problem that we are running into is that when we are almost due to do laundry and she has a bad day and then it takes a while for the underwear to dry because of the diaper doublers. I do laundry about every other day, but sometimes we go three days without doing it if we are busy. I really want to be able to tell my husband what a reasonable number of underwear is for her to have. Oh, and she is almost 2, so finding her size is really hard and also makes it pricey to get them.

NakylasMom

Asked by NakylasMom at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, if 6 pairs aren't enough, buy one more pack... and if that's not enough, buy one more... until you get it all figured out.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• underwear are pricey . I bought her plain colored ones and she peed in them all the time. So I went out and bought her Disney one with the Lil' Mermaid and Cinderella on them she didn't pee on them any more. Because I told here that the princesses will get dirty. I also had plastic underwear's over her cloth ones. she was potty trained by the time she was 2 yrs.
    I also bought almost 20 pairs because she pee on herself at least 4 times a day.
    Good luck!
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 2:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I bought probably 6 or 7 pairs. I just told my son that if he used the bathroom in them we would have to throw them away because it wouldn't wash out. We didn't have many accedents after that. He took alot of pride in not getting them dirty.
    Anonymous

• is there such thing a enough underwear? LOL!! may since she's almost two you can wait and get her more for her b-day. for some reason my kiddos love to recieve new underwear.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I think walmart sells 10 packs! which is perfect for a week even if she has a few accidents they are pretty cheap too.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008