How many calories is this?

A plain bagel, both sides slathered in butter, one side cream cheesed and the other side jellied. Would a brownie for breakfast be about the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• A bagel is usually about 100 - 150 calories, butter about another 60 calories, depending on the cream cheese and the amount about another 100 calories, and the jelly about another 60 calories. Although the bagel with all the sides is about the same calories as a small serving of brownies, the bagel definitely contains more nutrients.

Next time, try a bagel with peanut butter instead of the cream cheese, butter and jelly. Peanut butter has lots of protein that will sustain your appetite throughout the morning!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 9:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I dont know how many calories this would be. A small portion of brownie may be better (love brownies BTW). I would suggest you eat a half bagel with sugar free jelly and a thin spread of fat free or 1/3 ff cream cheese.

This would be taking something healthy and turning it into something unhealthy. Like salad....its healthy until you drench it in salad dressing...lol But I love dressing and croutons...oh me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2009