Did I overreact to this porn issue?

Seriously I went home yesterday with all 4 kids, and did a few things, went to pick up the playstation and there was 2 porn dvd's along with cases next to them. Basically I am pissed because due to the kids when we moved in I requested he throw them away, he said he did. So not only did you blatently lie about throwing them away you were careless and irresponsible enough to leave it laying out so the kids could see it, WTF is wrong with him?
I did fly a little off the deep end, and I really lost it when he told me I had trust issues. that is because our old bar whore neighbor has no problem coming over.....whenever for whatever as long as I am not home. I have trust issues seriously I trusted you wouldnt expose my kids to this shit so yes I guess I do have trust issues.
How would you have reacted?
Do you think I was out of line?
Do you think I have trust issues?
What else should I do/say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I would have been pissed too.

I would have thrown them away No, I don't think you were out of line.

No, I just think the porn issue bothers you as it would me.

I would stop the bar whore from coming over that's for sure.

You need to tell him that's unacceptable with your children around and able to get a hold of it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I can see why you would be mad, he lied about getting rid of the porn, and then he left it out where the kids could find it. If he was going to have porn he should have been honest with you about it, and if he is keeping any porn he should find a safe, secure place for it where the kids can't find it or get into it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would only have been mad that he left them out where the kids could see them. I wouldn't have made him throw them away
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The porn itself wouldn't bother me, but the fact that it was out where the kids could find it, that would definitely make me angry. And the neighbor coming over when I wasn't home wouldn't fly, either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Sweetie he may have an addiction to it, which is getting quite common these days. For that and to work out your trust issues you may want to consider marriage counseling - it really does work, we went for about 6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• OP HERE- I only asked him to throw it away because he was careless with it before. I will not tolerate that crap laying around with my kids. I am not bothered by the fact that he watches it not at all, but to lie about it, hide it, and than be so irresponsible and careless with it. What I am gathering about it is that I am obviously not his type. I just dont think I will be able to get over this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'm with Christina, I wouldn't have a problem with the porn as long as it was hidden where the kids could never find it, but the fact that he left them lying on the floor would have pissed me off. Believe me, he is not watching that stuff because you are not his type, some men just watch it. If it is becoming a huge issue with you guys, counseling might help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2009