Family Feud

Okay, Im so dreading holidays this year. There has been several disagreements in my hubbys family lately. And I dont want to go to family functions, but im not sure what I should do. First off, his cousin we allowed to stay with us because she was kicked out of her fathers home for hitting her pregnant sister (crazy!) attempted to sleep with my dad. So we kicked her out for that. Now it has been constant drama, her sisters claiming my hubby raped them (which is BULLSHIT), one claimed that my moms ex boyfriend molested my DD , all kinds of sick twisted lies going around. Would it be wrong of me to want to keep my kids away from this side of the family?? My hubby is free to go if he wishes, but I dont want me or my kids around them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is nothing wrong with staying away. I would! Too much drama, you don't want to get involved in, and you don't need your kids around that!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• And I thought I had family drama! Good grief girl! I would not let my family within 5 feet of these people. Good Luck to you!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I wouldnt have my kids around them. I have a HUGE family 10 sisters and brothers. They are all a mess and I don't go see them. My kids are here and I am fine with that. Why can't you do stuff at your own house. Why do you need to go with them. They are gonna bring this crap up in front of your kids. You should protect your children from them. Don't go.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• WOW! I'm a strong believer in the idea that you not only marry your husband, you also marry his crazy family. Normally I would say, take them with a grain of salt and just do your best to make nice at the holidays... BUT GEEZE! In your case, you and your husband could end up in prison and your children in CPS! Stay away from anyone falsley accusing you of a crime! Also, sounds like that cousin is very confused and doesn't know how to be appropriate (sexually), so why risk having your kiddos around someone who could potentially sexually abuse them? Seems like this cousin needs some counseling to get to the bottom of this behavior. If the cousin's sisters have accused your husband of sexual abuse, why would they want to be around him anyway? Sorry hon, looks like having a relationship w/ those folks isn't the best idea. You don't want to end up in serious trouble due to false accusations.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• She accused him of "rape" a few years ago, and still goes around telling people about it to slander his name I guess, but she keeps emailing me telling me how Ive torn her family apart and stolen their "Favorite cousin" away from them.And goes on and on about how much she loves him and how I wont let him see his family... HELLO! Why would you want to be around him if he "raped" you. They are NUTS! We adopted one of his cousins daughters when she was 2wks old, she is 5years old now, and she is CONSTANTLY threatening to take us back to court for her, she cant, she waived her rights, but Im just waiting on CPS to show up. Which is fine. We have nothing to hide. But Im still betting on her calling. In fact, I almost hope she does, because she will end up in a pile of shit for false accusations... Hey, ya know, we should look into a reality show for his family... We'd make mega bucks, and all the drama would be real!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Good for you for adopting that little girl...Sounds like she has a chance at a normal life now that she's away from that family.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Not really the point of your question but: those girls need to get into counseling quick! If they are lying about those things then it is possible that they did happen but not by the people they are blaming. The way they are behaving it would absolutely indicate and abuse situation. If it's not the people they are blaming some has to find out who hurt these girls and nail his butt to the wall!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• hmm.. thats possible Anon.. Never really thought about that, but they are all liars about numerous things so you never really know what to think. There are 6 of them, and their mom died about 6 years ago leaving their father with 6 girls ranging from ages 4-17. I think sometimes that they do the things they do for attention... there are so many kids and only one parent and they do what they can to get anyone to notice them. There have been so many rape stories from them its unreal. They even had the youngest yelling rape when she was 6 years old on my hubbies younger brother. The mother of the girl we adopted said my hubby tried to mess with her when she was 8mths preggo (and with herpes) right in my living room. They are such liars that when they tell their dad or boyfriends these things, they just ignore them. Those are things that would normally upset a parent or boyfriend. Just goes to show how messed up they are..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Wow, it's good to keep your kids away from that craziness.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I can't imagine why either of you would have ANY contact with ANY of those people, let alone spend time with them; cut them off.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009